An Intelligent system for fever detection
Astrom Thermosense allows to automatically detect people with fever by measuring their temperature in the region of the inner canthus. The most precise region in the surface of the body where to measure body temperature.
We have two solutions: Astrom Thermosense Pro, ideal for airports, train stations and locations with extremely high volumes of people, and Astrom Thermosense SE, ideal for factories, supermarkets, hospitals, public buildings and more.
See it in action
- Depending on the flow of people, Astrom Thermosense Pro can evaluate 5,000 people per hour while Astrom Thermosense SE can detect up to 1,200 people per hour; a task that would be very hard and very error-prone if done manually.
- Astrom Thermosense does not expose operators to contagion. It’s all automated.
- Astrom Thermosense measures the temperature of multiple people up to 10 times per second. Keeping the most accurate measures in a repeatable process.
- Astrom Thermosense measures temperature in the regions around the eyes. A region that would be very hard and uncomfortable to evaluate with a handheld laser thermometer.
- Astrom Thermosense allows to evaluate temperature and detect fever in locations with high volumes of people passing by 24/7.
- Astrom Thermosense detects people not wearing a mask and optionally triggers an alarm if a person without a mask is detected.
Both of our solutions come with the following components:
- Intelligent software developed by View-Factor – Our software allows to fully automate the process of fever detection in large crowds and it does it with high precision. Astrom Thermosense measures the temperature of multiple people 10 times per second. Our software detects and tracks people in video inputs, taking multiple temperature samples, and attempting to get the temperature around the eyes. When our system detects a person with fever it automatically triggers configurable alarms (sound, visual, and message).
- API for easy integration with other platforms. (Available soon)
- Other necessary elements including a tripod, and an industrial mount for the 2 cameras used in our system.
Astrom Thermosense PRO
- Camera FLIR A315 – Features a 320 x 240 pixels microbolometer that detects temperature differences as small as 50 mK, for accuracy at longer distances.
- High-end computer with dedicated NVidia GPU, optimal for compute-intensive tasks.
- High definition IP camera – Visual spectrum camera provided to obtain human recognizable images.
Astrom Thermosense SE
- Camera Seek Thermal – Features a 320 x 240 pixels microbolometer that detects temperature differences as small as 70 mK.
- Blackbody – Blackbody with a tripod is provided to ensure the system is calibrated to report precise temperatures.
- 1080p USB camera – Visual spectrum camera provided to obtain human recognizable images.
Warranty and disclaimer
All our hardware is provided with a 1-year warranty against malfunctioning.
Astrom Thermoses is intended to be used as a first screening step and not to be used to diagnose any medical conditions. Our products can identify individuals in a population that shows higher-than-average temperatures in relation to a sample population. Our solutions do not find individuals experiencing COVID-19 symptoms. There is no way to thermally detect an infected individual who doesn’t have an elevated temperature and only a licensed medical professional can determine if a “feverish” individual is experiencing an abnormal medical condition.